According to top-mba-universities, Wayne, New York is a small town located in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York. It has a population of around 5,000 and is known for its rural beauty. The geography of Wayne consists mostly of rolling hills, farmland, and forests. The climate is characterized by warm summers and cold winters with plenty of snowfall.
The history of Wayne dates back to the late 1700s when it was first settled by European immigrants. Since then, the town has grown into a vibrant community with a strong sense of tradition and pride. The politics in Wayne are generally conservative with most residents leaning towards the Republican party.
The economy in Wayne is centered around agriculture and tourism. There are several farms that produce fruits and vegetables as well as dairy products, while tourism brings money into the area from visitors looking to take advantage of its natural beauty. The schools in Wayne consist mostly of elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. All schools are highly rated and offer quality education to students from all backgrounds.
Finally, there are several landmarks in Wayne that make it unique such as the historic Lee-Whedon Memorial Library which was built in 1892 and houses many artifacts related to local history; the Reisinger Memorial Park which provides recreational activities such as fishing, hiking trails; the Stoner-Thomas House which is an example of early 19th century architecture; and finally the historic Masonic Lodge which dates back to 1813.
Population: 1,165. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,157 (-0.7% change)
Males: 569 (48.8%), Females: 596 (51.2%)
Median resident age: 47.0 years
Median household income: $38,056
Median house value: $90,400
Races in Wayne:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.9%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (20.3%), German (18.8%), Irish (17.7%), Polish (9.2%), United States (8.0%), Italian (6.0%).
Elevation: 1165 feet
Wayne, New York is a small town located in upstate New York with a population of approximately 2,000 people. The majority of the population is Caucasian, making up nearly 80% of the total population. The African-American population makes up about 14%, followed by Asian and Hispanic populations at 2% each. The median age for the town is 42 years old, with a gender ratio of 48% male and 52% female. Wayne has a median household income of around $52,000 and an unemployment rate of 5%. The majority of Wayne’s residents are homeowners, with over 80 percent owning their own homes. Additionally, many families have been living in Wayne for generations due to its strong sense of community and family values.
The most common occupations in Wayne are within the service industry as well as retail and manufacturing positions. Many people commute to nearby cities such as Syracuse and Rochester for work opportunities as well. Education is highly valued in Wayne with many families sending their children to private schools or nearby colleges for higher education opportunities. There are also several public schools in the area that offer quality education for all students regardless of economic background or race. In addition to education opportunities, there are many recreational activities within the town such as biking trails, parks, golf courses and fishing spots which draw tourists from all over the state during summer months.
For population 25 years and over in Wayne
- High school or higher: 82.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 21.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.1%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wayne town
- Never married: 17.0%
- Now married: 67.4%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 7.0%
2.9% Foreign born (2.0% Europe, 0.9% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Wayne:
- SOLDIERS & SAILORS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; PENN YAN, NY)
- IRA DAVENPORT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; BATH, NY)
- SCHUYLER HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; MONTOUR FALLS, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wayne:
- ELMIRA/CORNING REGIONAL (about 27 miles; ELMIRA/CORNING, NY; Abbreviation: ELM)
- ITHACA TOMPKINS REGIONAL (about 46 miles; ITHACA, NY; Abbreviation: ITH)
- GREATER ROCHESTER INTERNATIONAL (about 59 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; Abbreviation: ROC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wayne:
- DUNDEE FLYING CLUB (about 12 miles; DUNDEE, NY; Abbreviation: D48)
- PENN YAN (about 12 miles; PENN YAN, NY; Abbreviation: PEO)
- MIDDLESEX VALLEY (about 20 miles; MIDDLESEX, NY; Abbreviation: 4N2)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wayne:
- CORNING COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; CORNING, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,797)
- FINGER LAKES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,021)
- ITHACA COLLEGE (about 43 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,052)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-ENDOWED COLLEGES (about 44 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 12,036)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-NY STATE STATUTORY COLLEGES (about 44 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 7,413)
- MANSFIELD UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 46 miles; MANSFIELD, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,831)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT ALFRED (about 50 miles; ALFRED, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,588)