According to top-mba-universities, Clinton, Connecticut is a small city located in Middlesex County, just south of the city of Middletown. The city has a population of approximately 13,000 and covers an area of approximately 8.5 square miles. Geographically, Clinton is situated in a valley surrounded by hills and forests. The climate in Clinton is typical for the region with hot summers and cold winters.
The history of Clinton dates back to 1663 when it was first settled by English colonists from Saybrook. Since then, the city has seen many changes throughout its history including its incorporation in 1838 and its growth as a center for manufacturing and industry in the 19th century. In recent years, the economy of Clinton has shifted towards more service-based industries such as finance and healthcare.
Politics in Clinton are dominated by the Democratic Party which holds most elected offices at both state and local levels. Education is provided by several public schools as well as two private schools: The Morgan School (grades 9-12) and Valley Regional High School (grades 9-12).
Among the landmarks located in or around Clinton are Hammonasset Beach State Park, Chatfield Hollow State Park, Indian River Marina, Millennium Park (home to an amphitheater), The Shoreline Greenway Trail (a 25-mile long walking trail), Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum (a historic house museum), Connecticut Valley Railroad Museum (a museum dedicated to railroad history) and numerous other historical sites.
Population: 13,094. Estimated population in July 2020: 13,612 (+4.0% change)
Males: 6,335 (48.4%), Females: 6,759 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 38.2 years
Median household income: $60,471
Median house value: $167,400
Races in Clinton:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.2%)
- Hispanic (4.0%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Black (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (27.6%), Italian (21.9%), English (18.4%), German (13.6%), Polish (8.0%), French (5.4%).
Elevation: 25 feet
Land area: 2.4 square miles
Clinton, Connecticut is a small coastal town located in New Haven County, Connecticut. The population of Clinton is estimated to be about 12,000 people. The majority of the population are white, with African Americans and Hispanics making up a smaller portion of the population. The median age of the population is 40 years old and the median household income is around $62,000.
The town has a strong sense of community and many activities for its residents to enjoy. There are plenty of restaurants, art galleries and shops to explore in downtown Clinton. Every summer there is an annual street fair that brings together locals and visitors alike for some fun and entertainment. There are also numerous parks throughout the town that offer amenities such as playgrounds, walking trails and picnic areas. In addition, there are several schools in the area ranging from elementary to high school levels that serve students from all backgrounds. Additionally, there are many churches located throughout Clinton which provide spiritual guidance for its residents as well as opportunities for fellowship with others in the community.
For population 25 years and over in Clinton
- High school or higher: 92.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 33.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.3%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clinton town
- Never married: 22.2%
- Now married: 61.4%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 5.4%
- Divorced: 9.9%
5.2% Foreign born (2.0% Europe, 1.6% Asia, 1.3% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Clinton:
- EASTERN LONG ISLAND HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; GREENPORT, NY)
- CONNECTICUT HOSPICE INC,THE (about 20 miles; BRANFORD, CT)
- CONNECTICUT VALLEY HOSP (about 22 miles; MIDDLETOWN, CT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Clinton:
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 25 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; Abbreviation: HVN)
- HARTFORD-BRAINARD (about 33 miles; HARTFORD, CT; Abbreviation: HFD)
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 35 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; Abbreviation: GON)
Other public-use airports nearest to Clinton:
- GRISWOLD (about 1 miles; MADISON, CT; Abbreviation: N04)
- CHESTER (about 8 miles; CHESTER, CT; Abbreviation: 3B9)
- GOODSPEED (about 13 miles; EAST HADDAM, CT; Abbreviation: 42B)
Amtrak station near Clinton:
- 11 miles: OLD SAYBROOK (455 BOSTON POST RD.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Clinton:
- WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; MIDDLETOWN, CT; Full-time enrollment: 2,993)
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 26 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 16,829)
- QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; HAMDEN, CT; Full-time enrollment: 5,836)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; Full-time enrollment: 2,100)
- YALE UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; Full-time enrollment: 11,011)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 31 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; Full-time enrollment: 3,081)
- SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 31 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; Full-time enrollment: 8,808)
Public high school in Clinton:
- THE MORGAN SCHOOL (Students: 633; Location: 27 KILLINGWORTH TPKE.; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Clinton:
- LEWIN G. JOEL JR. SCHOOL (Students: 673; Location: 137A GLENWOOD RD.; Grades: PK – 03)
- JARED ELIOT SCHOOL (Students: 536; Location: 69 FAIRY DELL RD.; Grades: 06 – 08)
- ABRAHAM PIERSON SCHOOL (Students: 304; Location: 75 EAST MAIN ST.; Grades: 04 – 05)
- HOMEBOUND (Location: 137B GLENWOOD ROAD; Grades: PK – 12)