Directory of Maps

You are here: Maps > Nebraska Museums and Theaters

Museums and exhibitions in Nebraska

Museums and exhibitions in NebraskaTheater and opera houses

NTC Productions
The Nebraska Theater Caravan was launched in 1975 as an innovation of the "Nebraska Art Council". The idea was and is to bring culture as well as theater and educational opportunities to the areas, which due to their connection a lot is withheld. A permanent, cross-border full-time program developed from a 12-week tour. To date, NTC has performed 90 productions in 160 congregations in Nebraska and, through positive press, the box office hit 'A Christmas Carol' has even been staged in a further 600 US cities, 49 states and in 4 Canadian provinces.

Museums and exhibitions

Frank H. Woods Telephone Pioneer Museum in Lincoln
This museum is located at 2047 'M' Street in Lincoln. It opened in October 1996 for the first time. It was named after Sir Frank H. Woods (1886-1952), who founded the Lincoln Telephone Company in 1903 and first enabled modern communication in Lincoln in 1800 in the 1800 Nebraskans. The museum gives information about the development of the telephone in the United States from then to now and exhibits pretty much all models from old to new. Particular attention is paid to the 1929 Chevrolet phone, to which a special exhibition space was dedicated.

Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha
Known for its fine Art Deco style, the Joslyn Art Museum (30th and Fort Sts) has been the most important and cross-era art museum in Nebraska since 1931. The building, made of 38 different types of marble, permanently houses works from the Renaissance, the 19th and 20th centuries as well as current art from Europe and America. Whether El Greco, Gustave, Monet, Winslow Homer or Henri Matisse - many of the big ones are represented here. A 4-hectare area is reminiscent of the house in which civil rights activist Malcom X was born in 1925 and around 6 - 8 large exhibitions a year provide for the press and many visits by art lovers.

Oregon Trail Museum at Scotts Bluff
The Oregon Trail Museum and Visitor Center was built in phases between 1935 and 1949. There are exhibitions on the history of the settler routes in three rooms. The history room contains historical information about the expansion history of the USA, the Landmark room offers about 12 minutes of projector presentations for the Oregon Trail as well as paintings and photographs by William Henry Jackson, to whom the third room was dedicated. His works reflect the geological and paleontological development of the wild west region.

Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer
The modern Stuhr Museum is located near US Highway 281. The museum in Grand Island with exhibitions on the history of pioneers, Indian artifacts and an original "Railroad-Town" from the 1870s, is probably the most exciting thing you can encounter on the route through this prairie route. With small acting interventions, traditionally costumed actors ensure that the past is breathed in again and realistically recreate the history of the pioneers.

Monuments and memorials

Scotts Bluff National Monument
The volcanic-like Scotts Bluff National Monument southwest of Scotts Bluff is considered a landmark of Nebraska. The striking hill made of white-gray sedimentary rock can be seen from afar. It was once the signpost for settlers who followed the California, Oregon or Mormon Trail and was referred to as the Plains lighthouse. In 1919 the rather small area of ​​12 kmē and the 250 m high monument were put under protection by President Wilson. The protected area also includes the Oregon Trail Museum. The area continued to be known for its biodiversity of fossils found in sandstone.

Religions and interesting churches

Around 90% of the Nebraskans are Christians, whereby the Christian communities mostly also serve social coexistence:
• 30% Catholics (approx. 372,972)
• 16% Protestants (approx. 245,980)
• 11% Methodists (approx. 117,277)
• 10% Baptists
• 4% Presbyterians and
• 19% others
• 9% are non-religious
• 1% belongs to a religion other than Christianity.

First Presbyterian Church in Bellevue
The First Presbyterian Church in Bellevue is Nebraska's oldest church. It was built in 1856 by missionaries who were to bring Christianity to the Indians from the eastern United States. The original mission house, which still stands on Mission Street in Bellevue, served for many years as a missionary school but also as a bank and town hall. Due to the constant economic growth, the church quickly became too small. Since 1900 the population has increased from 500 to 51,000 in 2010 - so in 1958, exactly 100 years later, the construction of a new one began: the First Presbyterian Church on Bellevue Boulevard.

 
 
 
 
AL AK AZ AR CA CO
CT DC DE FL GA HI
ID IL IN IA KS KY
LA ME MD MA MI MN
MS MO MT NE NV NH
NJ NM NY NC ND OH
OK OR PA RI SC SD
TN TX UT VT VA WA
WV WI WY      
 
 

Copyright 2020 Directory of World Maps All Rights Reserved