Defined on wikipedia.org, a map is a visual representation of a region. They are usually two – dimensional representations of a three-dimensional space. For example, Digital Map Generator is abbreviated by abbreviationfinder.org as DMG. The science of map design and manufacturing is called cartography. Cartography sometimes focuses on the projection of curved surfaces onto flat surfaces in the process called flatness. Maps are an expression of the human need to know and represent their space.
There are currently 193 internationally recognized countries, with consolidated territories, governments and economic relations. Therefore, we can see that a country does not necessarily correspond to a specific ethnicity or a homogeneous nation, given that most of the existing countries are composed of several different nations or ethnicities. In some cases, there are those groups that seek to consolidate their own territory to form their own country, such as the Kurds, the largest nation in the world without a constituted homeland, and the Catalans and Basques, who seek their territorial independence and relationship with the Spain.
- Tampere Attractions and Tourist
- Tenerife Attractions and Tourist
- Thessaloniki Attractions and Tourist
- Tokyo Attractions and Tourist
- Valencia Attractions and Tourist
Officially, there are 193 countries linked to the UN (United Nations), which has the power to even approve the constitution or recognition of a new country. For this to happen, first it is necessary to get approved by two thirds of the General Assembly, formed by all Member States, then there must be approval by the Security Council, made up of five permanent members (United States, China, France, United Kingdom and Russia) and five provisional members, chosen every five years.
It is worth remembering that there are countries that seek recognition, such as Palestine and Taiwan. The one that most recently achieved this recognition was South Sudan, which became an independent country in 2011. Many people tend to confuse the concept of country with the notion of the state. The State is a legal institution composed of people, territory and government, being administered by the three branches: executive, legislative and judicial. The country, on the other hand, involves geographical, historical, cultural, economic, natural characteristics, among other elements, which makes this expression a more generic term.
Therefore, with this section, the objective will be to present the main characteristics of all countries currently consolidated, such as demographic, economic, territorial, geographic data, among others, with emphasis on information such as GDP (Gross Domestic Product), HDI (Index Human Development) and other data.
Browse the following links to learn more about the world!
By Continent and Category
Museums and Exhibitions in the United States
U.S. Highways by State
- Walker, Iowa (5/26/2023) - According to Theinternetfaqs, Walker, Iowa is located in Linn County, in the east-central part of the state. It is situated on the banks of the Cedar River and is bordered by Marion to the north, Alburnett to the west, Central… [...]
- Farmington, New Hampshire (5/25/2023) - According to lawschoolsinusa, Farmington, New Hampshire is a small town located in the southeastern region of the state. The town is situated on the banks of the Cocheco River and is home to just over 4,000 people. The town has… [...]
- Florence, Arizona (5/25/2023) - According to itypetravel.com, Florence, Arizona is a small town located in the Sonoran Desert of Pinal County. It is situated between Phoenix and Tucson and is home to approximately 25,000 people. The geography of Florence is mostly flat with an… [...]
- Essex, Connecticut (5/24/2023) - According to lawschoolsinusa, Essex, Connecticut is a small town located in the southeastern corner of the state. It is bordered by Lyme to the north, Old Lyme to the south, East Haddam to the west and Long Island Sound to… [...]
- Ellington, Connecticut (5/23/2023) - According to answermba, Ellington, Connecticut is a small town located in the northeastern part of the state. It covers an area of approximately 30 square miles and has a population of around 15,000 people. The town is situated in the… [...]
- Big Lake, Minnesota (5/22/2023) - According to answermba, Big Lake, Minnesota is a small city located in Sherburne County, 40 miles northwest of Minneapolis. It is situated on the Big Lake, a 652-acre lake that is popular for fishing and other recreational activities. The city… [...]
- Bentleyville, Pennsylvania (5/21/2023) - According to answermba, Bentleyville, Pennsylvania is a small borough located in Washington County. It is situated in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh. The borough covers an area of 0.8 square miles and is… [...]
- Prompton, Pennsylvania (5/20/2023) - According to Ejiaxing, Prompton, Pennsylvania is a small town located in Wayne County, in the Pocono Mountains region of Northeastern Pennsylvania. It is situated on the banks of Prompton Lake and surrounded by lush forests and rolling hills. The town… [...]
- Sudan Society (5/19/2023) - The Republic of Sudan is a large country located in North-East Africa, and is home to an estimated 43 million people. It is a culturally diverse society, with over 500 ethnic groups speaking dozens of different languages. The majority of… [...]
- Blue Rapids, Kansas (5/18/2023) - According to itypetravel.com, Blue Rapids, Kansas is a small city located in the northeastern part of the state. The city has a population of around 2,000 people and is known for its quaint atmosphere and strong sense of community. Blue… [...]