Defined on wikipedia.org, a map is a visual representation of a region. They are usually two – dimensional representations of a three-dimensional space. For example, Digital Map Generator is abbreviated by abbreviationfinder.org as DMG. The science of map design and manufacturing is called cartography. Cartography sometimes focuses on the projection of curved surfaces onto flat surfaces in the process called flatness. Maps are an expression of the human need to know and represent their space.
There are currently 193 internationally recognized countries, with consolidated territories, governments and economic relations. Therefore, we can see that a country does not necessarily correspond to a specific ethnicity or a homogeneous nation, given that most of the existing countries are composed of several different nations or ethnicities. In some cases, there are those groups that seek to consolidate their own territory to form their own country, such as the Kurds, the largest nation in the world without a constituted homeland, and the Catalans and Basques, who seek their territorial independence and relationship with the Spain.
- Tampere Attractions and Tourist
- Tenerife Attractions and Tourist
- Thessaloniki Attractions and Tourist
- Tokyo Attractions and Tourist
- Valencia Attractions and Tourist
Officially, there are 193 countries linked to the UN (United Nations), which has the power to even approve the constitution or recognition of a new country. For this to happen, first it is necessary to get approved by two thirds of the General Assembly, formed by all Member States, then there must be approval by the Security Council, made up of five permanent members (United States, China, France, United Kingdom and Russia) and five provisional members, chosen every five years.
It is worth remembering that there are countries that seek recognition, such as Palestine and Taiwan. The one that most recently achieved this recognition was South Sudan, which became an independent country in 2011. Many people tend to confuse the concept of country with the notion of the state. The State is a legal institution composed of people, territory and government, being administered by the three branches: executive, legislative and judicial. The country, on the other hand, involves geographical, historical, cultural, economic, natural characteristics, among other elements, which makes this expression a more generic term.
Therefore, with this section, the objective will be to present the main characteristics of all countries currently consolidated, such as demographic, economic, territorial, geographic data, among others, with emphasis on information such as GDP (Gross Domestic Product), HDI (Index Human Development) and other data.
Browse the following links to learn more about the world!
By Continent and Category
Museums and Exhibitions in the United States
U.S. Highways by State
- San Francisco, California Weather by Month (12/2/2023) - According to climateforcities, San Francisco, California, is a city renowned for its iconic landmarks, diverse neighborhoods, and unique climate. Situated on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay, the city… [...]
- San Jose, California Weather by Month (11/29/2023) - San Jose, California, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, experiences a Mediterranean climate characterized by mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers. The region is known for its sunny days and relatively consistent temperatures throughout the year. Let's delve… [...]
- San Diego, California Weather by Month (11/22/2023) - San Diego, California, is known for its pleasant Mediterranean climate characterized by mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers. Here's a detailed overview of the weather in San Diego, broken down by month: January: January in San Diego marks the… [...]
- Los Angeles, California Weather by Month (11/15/2023) - Los Angeles, California, boasts a Mediterranean climate, characterized by mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers. Here's a detailed overview of the weather by month: January: January is winter in Los Angeles, but the city experiences mild temperatures compared to… [...]
- Fennimore, Wisconsin (11/9/2023) - Located in the southwestern part of Wisconsin, Fennimore is a charming city with a rich geographical landscape. Nestled in Grant County, Fennimore is surrounded by rolling hills, picturesque valleys, and fertile farmland. Its diverse geography offers a range of outdoor… [...]
- Dallas, Pennsylvania (11/2/2023) - Dallas, Pennsylvania, is a charming borough located in Luzerne County. Situated in the northeastern part of the state, Dallas is surrounded by beautiful landscapes, rolling hills, and lush greenery. Its geographical features make it a picturesque place to live and… [...]
- Daisytown, Pennsylvania (10/31/2023) - Daisytown, Pennsylvania is a small borough located in Washington County, in the southwestern part of the state. Situated in the Appalachian Plateau region, Daisytown is surrounded by rolling hills, lush greenery, and picturesque landscapes. The borough covers an area of… [...]
- Strabane, Pennsylvania (10/26/2023) - Strabane, Pennsylvania, is a town with a fascinating geography that offers a range of natural wonders and scenic landscapes. Nestled in Washington County, Strabane is located in the southwestern part of the state, just a short distance from the bustling… [...]
- Luanda, Angola Geography (10/23/2023) - Luanda, the capital city of Angola, is situated along the southwestern coast of Africa, and its geography is marked by a blend of coastal features, rivers, and rolling plains. In this essay, we will explore the geography of Luanda, focusing… [...]
- Stahlstown, Pennsylvania (10/19/2023) - Stahlstown, Pennsylvania is a small town located in the southwestern part of the state. The town is situated in the Laurel Highlands, an area known for its rolling hills, lush forests, and scenic vistas. The town's geography is characterized by… [...]