There are women whose main brand is the color of their dyed hair. If you are also part of this special group, you should know more than anyone how difficult it is to keep the vibrant color and healthy threads every day.
In many cases, the color loses strength already in the first days of dyeing, the wires become brittle and lifeless and the amount of chemistry applied in the hair ends up leaving the look artificial and looking bad.
But be aware that there are some basic care that should be taken often so that the health of your hair remains intact and the color as well. This all depends on you. Find out how to achieve a lasting effect for longer without sinning against the health of the strands.
- Avoid dyeing your hair more than twice a month. The short interval between the painting sessions is detrimental to your hair.
- A lot of chemistry calls for … lots of hydration! For the wires to stay shiny, moisturize them often, taking moisturizing baths with appropriate products and also with natural products at home. Extremely dry hair calls for weekly moisturizing. For oily hair, moisturize every two weeks. For deeper hydration, see your hairdresser once a month.
- At bath time, prefer warm, almost cold water . The high temperature breaks the threads, drying them and making them brittle. This tip holds true for everyone, even for those who do not dye their hair!
- Remember that the shampoo and conditioner should be specific to dyed hair. Generally, this type of product includes keratin and other components that act directly on the health of the yarn.
- Try to wash your hair with anti-waste shampoo every fortnight. It will remove excess pigmentation from the wires.
- Sunscreen is also used on the head! Invest in a good protector for the wires and apply whenever the exposure under the sun’s rays is very intense or for a long period of time. This will keep the locks dry or burned.
- After a pool bath, wash your hair with mineral water , especially if you are blonde. Chlorine residues will go away and the wires will not look opaque. Plus you avoid that awful greenish coloring!
- Using silicone-tipped sunscreen and sunscreen, which is also specific for hair with chemistry, can be a good idea when it comes to fixing your last-minute hair and keeping frizz away. Have the product always around and comb with a wide tooth comb, or model the wires with your hands, if any.