Bienvenid@s to our guide on Garmin Forerunner 910XT!
Garmin Forerunner 910XT is a watch with GPS features MultiSport thought for triathletes and demanding athletes to the end.
It is an intelligent device with which you can make a progressive tracking of all your sports performance: time, distance, pace, heart rate and even height, thanks to the built-in barometric altimeter.
If you use it in swimming you can have exact data of the distance you’ve swum, the type and number of strokes or the amount of long made in a swimming pool.
As you can see, his clever ability to perform measurements is really amazing. And it goes hand in hand with its resistance and its ability to duration, since it can dive to a maximum of 50 meters and is equipped with a battery that guarantees up to 20 hours of autonomy.
And like all Garmin products, data can be configured wirelessly through Garmin Connect for storage across devices and share them on social networks.
The intelligent monitor
Whether you swim, mountains by bike or run, this heart rate monitor will adapt perfectly to any of the three activities. Because, precisely, was intended for the Professional triathlete, that you need a device that will give you accurate and detailed data of certain aspects of his training. Through the GPS Forerunner 910XT provides detailed information of the distance, the pace, elevation and heart rate during the practice of any of the three facets of Triathlon.
Technical characteristics of Garmin Forerunner 910XT
Whether you swim, mountains by bike or run, this heart rate monitor will adapt perfectly to any of the three activities. Because, precisely, was intended for the Professional triathlete, that you need a device that will give you accurate and detailed data of certain aspects of his training.
Through the GPS Forerunner 910XT provides detailed information of the distance, the pace, elevation and heart rate during the practice of any of the three facets of Triathlon with the information of animalerts.com.
It is an elegant and aesthetic, monitor equipped with a belt very comfortable and adaptable to any users, and with its easy-to-read screen.
Designed for River and sea both pool, Forerunner 910XT can dive to 50 meters of depth, offering precise metrics of performance of the swimmer, the distance traveled until the number of their stroke.
And thanks to its robust design, which makes it prone to resist impacts, can be used for various water sports, from scuba diving to the paddle board.
And as a training every second counts, the 910XT was intended to facilitate the transition of a sport to another, adapting to each mode without any problem.
This is possible thanks to its function MultiSport to change the sport modes at the touch of a button, without change of table means that you waste time of measurement because of the transition.
And thanks to a quick release bracket, you can transfer easily your wrist 910XT Garmin bicycle.
Garmin has incorporated in this heart rate monitor a new option, that of the barometric altimeter, to calculate accurate elevation data: ascent, descent and descent. Way that this detail has just set up an ideal product for the triathlete and ironman.
And as with all Garmin products, the hyper is also present in this heart rate monitor. You can see your activity on interactive maps and detailed metrics that you can save on your computer and have it ready to share on social networks.
And you can use Connect to plan new routes, schedule personalized training sessions, and connect with other users to plan group activities.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Few heart rate monitors are so versatile and work the same way for measure data of swimming, athletics, or bicycles. Many advertise it, but few comply. And this Garmin device fulfills what it promises with absolute fidelity.
- The long battery life make very comfortable to use and worry of stay without charge in the middle of nature, where already we can not do nothing but disconnect it.
- It offers complete and exact, detailed and ideal for control of all transitions, so you can use it in multiple sports.
- The incorporation of a barometer to measure heights is an important detail that have very few heart rate monitors on the market, making this Garmin product one of the most complete for the triathlete.
- The heart rate monitor strap is very comfortable and just note that one wears it, something that also helps the low weight of the product.
- GPS features with amazing accuracy and precision, much better and faster with any odometer.
- The synchronization of the device with the Garmin Connect is quick and wireless, the same thing happens with the integration with other Web sites and hand-held computers to store data. Everything running so smooth and perfect to be always connected with social networks and other users.
- Its size may be too large for the user that you prefer or which are used to small and compact products. But once in the wrist does not weigh almost nothing and is light enough to carry.
- While the GPS works great, it is true that if weather conditions are not and the day is cloudy or rain can lose signal at times.
- Swimming does not register keystrokes, as doing so by bike or running. But I must say that if it starts to record them once you leave the water. Anyway, it does allow measurements under the water that other devices can’t do, how to register not only the amount of strokes, but the type of stroke that you perform when you are swimming.